Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"Repeat after me..."

Three giggling girls in pretty sundresses, with a nervous boy standing by their table, stammering and shifting from foot to foot. "What's going on here?" I ask.
"She just asked me to the prom."
He points, indicating the pinkest cheeked of the girls.
"Well, what did you say?" I coax.
"I, uh, um, I don't know what to say". He looks like he is ready to hyperventilate.
"Take a breath."
He takes a jerky breath.
"Repeat after me....Thank you for the invitation"
"Thank you for the invitation."
"I'd love to go to the prom with you."
Big smile, getting progressively bigger as he turns toward the girl and says "I'd love to go to the prom with you."

Another good day in the library.

Photo Credit:
Flickr Creative Commons

Will You Go To Prom by IronMonkey007

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home