Thursday, November 20, 2008

Reflections on MassCue - the Gleam of Engagement

MassCue 2008





Saturated. Overwhelmed. Engaged. Challenged. Intimidated. Excited. Tired. Stressed. Euphoric!

This is amazing. Conferences like these charge my creative batteries and make me want to shout from the rooftop! I can't wait to play with all these new tools and ideas, and see which ones will gain traction and work with students. I have to be prepared to fail, be prepared for frustration, but what if it works? What if students have that gleam of engagement as a result of incorporating some of these strategies? Actually, strategies isn't really right. It is more a philosophy of presenting content and sharing control.

I need to process this experience with colleagues who are as jazzed as I am. My beloved RSS feed is good because it feeds me, but I need to interact and bounce ideas around. Twitter may be useful in creating a community of like-minded souls to more actively share thoughts and process.

As much as I love this, I am going to leave early. I am worried about the library, about the library staff, and about what I am missing. Short-sighted, perhaps, but is always a balancing act. I am just so grateful to be working in education, and for a school district that supports my professional development.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home