Thursday, February 4, 2010

Judging a book by the cover

Turns out you can judge a book by its cover. Standing in front of a display case one of our avid readers discussed book covers.

"This one really delivered. The cover drew me in, and I wasn't disappointed."

"I know you said this one got great reviews, but I just don't like the cover art. I'm not going to spend time on it unless someone I trust reads it first."

Best of all:

"Book covers aren't so different from food. If you want people to eat it, it has to look good."

Publishers need to pay attention because she is right. If it doesn't look good you are going to have a hard time getting someone to try it.

Photo credit:
Flickr Creative Commons

Book-Color Histogram.

Uploaded on July 19, 2009
by Patrick Gage

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home