So what does a global business marketing guru have to do with school libraries?
- Delivering relevant product (our 21st century curriculum)
- Shipping every day (student and faculty service with a SMILE!)
- Innovation (staying cutting edge)
- Dominating our niche (being the go-to person for information technologies)
- Visionary (inspiring and leading change)
- Product (preparing our students for productive lives in the information economy)
Godin has just released his latest book as a vook. For $4.99 you not only get to hear from an exceptionally smart man, but also experience the quickly approaching environment of the hybrid book. This is an example of what our collections will soon be accommodating.
How do we catalog this? Curate this? Manage this? I sure as heck don't know, but I'll be scrambling to find out in order to be ready.
So, go on, take a look at the Vook...
"In a world where an Internet video of a piano playing cat can get more public attention that a multi-million dollar television advertising spot, how do marketers, business or anyone who has an idea they want to spread get the right attention? Seth Godin might not have a quick fix or a miracle solution, but his Unleashing the SUPER Ideavirus Vook will bring you completely up to speed on the tactics you need to survive and thrive in today's fast paced information economy."
For a little more Seth, check out his recent TED Talk.
Seth Godin at Gel 2006 from Gel Conference on Vimeo.