Moving the CCHS Library forward in providing information and media services to the students and faculty is an exciting challenge. Every single day holds a technological hurdle of some sort. Luckily, I don't have to do it all by myself, and can call on our talented library staff, CCHS students (students are great guides and teachers in figuring stuff out), tech support and colleagues to help. It takes a village, every day. I know for a fact that I am not alone in wrestling with information services, education, and emerging technologies.
This article, The Top Ten Things Library Administrators Should Know About Technology came via my Twitter account and has good points for anyone involved in moving organizations forward in planning for and incorporating technology. These are the bullet points. Please click the link for the fuller presentation.
- Technology isn't as hard as you think it is.
- Technology gets easier all the time.
- Technology gets cheaper all the time.
- Maximize the effectiveness of your most costly technology investment -- your people.
- Iterate, don't perfect.
- Be prepared to fail.
- Be prepared to succeed.
- Never underestimate the power of a prototype.
- A major part of good technology implementation is good project management.
- The single biggest threat to any technology project is political in nature.
The Top Ten Things Library Administrators Should Know About Technology | TechEssence.info